San Francisco or Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service Platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Do you want to do your part in keeping our internet services secure? Do you love how it feels to create something new? Are you excited about being a part of a team that is disrupting a $2B market in cybersecurity?
UI and UX are at the forefront of how we create intuitive and innovative products. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. We are looking for an experienced UI/UX designer with a focus on web design. This person will work with our head of product and engineering teams to evolve the Cobalt.io platform.
Your Design Values
- Intentionality - You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- User empathy - You understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and you are driven to understand the needs of your users.
- Aware of, but not beholden to, new and current design patterns - You have a desire to push design forward and you pay attention to how other products handle problems.
- Ability to balance different use-cases and prioritize accordingly - Your work successfully simplifies a complex interaction so that simple things are easy and complex things are possible.
- Ability to be self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity - You enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing. This includes being willing to ask when you need more direction.
What You Would Do
- Be a constant champion for the User in every aspect of your work.
- Be responsible for all stages of design, thinking strategically while executing on objectives and demonstrating great attention to detail.
- Work in close collaboration with other designers, product managers and engineers to see a project from concept through implementation and beyond.
- Conduct user research and usability design sessions to gather qualitative feedback to make product recommendations.
- Work with the product team and internal stakeholders to validate product concepts based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Help institute effective operational processes to facilitate/enhance collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering.
You Must Have
- At least 5 years of experience with UI/UX design
- Experience working in enterprise space, B2B companies/start-ups
- Experience working in Agile Scrum product development process
- Experience working with distributed teams on a regular basis
- Excellent visual communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting and reporting conclusions from user research and usability sessions
- Experience in creating wireframes, prototypes, information architecture, user flows based on user research
- Proficiency using: Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Online portfolio
Nice to Have
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to create product roadmaps
- Experience in a consumer start-up
- Experience working with product managers and data analysts in designing analytics dashboards, and data visualizations, or charting tools
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, flexible work from home & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)