Brand Marketing Manager
Posted 1 week ago
Brand marketing manager
We’re looking for a curious, creative, scrappy marketer to help us build the Stripe brand. Someone who geeks out about both product features and brand storytelling. Someone who gets as excited about the tiny, minute details as they do about the craziest, biggest ideas. Someone driven by leading projects that aren’t easy or obvious, but are high impact and essential to the business. Someone who wants to help build and evolve the Stripe brand in unconventional and unexpected ways.
- Bring the Stripe brand to life – in both big and small ways. Sometimes you’ll ship scrappy experimental projects—things we can launch, iterate and learn from quickly. Sometimes you’ll lead bigger, more complex projects—ones that involve research, briefs, concepting, creative development, media plans, and measurement (and generally longer timelines). The fun is in flexing between both.
- Grow awareness of the Stripe brand across a number of different audiences by developing campaigns across earned, owned and paid channels and coming up with creative ideas to help people better understand Stripe.
- Help (others) scale the brand. As our company grows, so do the number of people producing on behalf of Stripe; our job is to make sure we enable others to create and ship things that add value to our brand.
- Measure brand awareness and perception. You’ll help us collect and act on data and feedback to evaluate brand work and inform future initiatives.
- Built brands through scrappy micro-ideas. Because brand isn’t just about high budget marketing campaigns—it’s about testing small ideas, iterating, and building on them.
- Passion for products. You like understanding technology, not just marketing it.
- Managed integrated, cross-functional, complex brand marketing campaigns from scratch.
- A desire to do things a bit differently. Stripe’s unique in a lot of ways; the way we approach marketing is one of them. We’re looking for someone who knows the spirit and skills behind ‘traditional’ brand marketing, but the itch to reinvent the playbook, too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You don’t have to be a writer, but you should love to write.
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience—and genuine love for—working with creative teams (plus for in-house). Design and creative expression matter a lot to us.
* We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!).