Sr. UX Researcher
Posted 6 days ago
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
As a Senior UX Researcher at Cloudflare, you’re a leading voice in helping the organization focus on the user. You help teams of designers, product managers, engineers and others understand and empathize with users’ needs, behaviors and motivations. You conduct primary multi-method research to help continuously deliver actionable insight to cross-functional product teams at every stage of the product development cycle. Your research-driven product expertise helps us distill the signal from the noise. As a Researcher based in Austin, you’ll be supporting the Product and Product Strategy groups to help us continue building a close relationship to our customers.
- Validate new designs through user feedback sessions with internal users or customers.
- Plan and carry out interviews and surveys to inform future product work.
- Develop programs and processes to improve gathering, processing and integration of user experience research into product development.
- Collaborate with other researchers, product managers, and product designers to ensure research translates into business impact.
- Share insights with cross-functional teams of designers, product managers, engineers and others.
- Outreach to the larger product organization to improve empathy with, and understanding of, user needs.
- Champion research findings though consumable, clear reports and exciting in-person presentations.
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional teams.
- Flexible approach to research: Determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks in the research project lifecycle: Create a test plan, write a screener, recruit users, schedule users, moderate test, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote testing tools and best practices
- An appetite for creative problem solving with a positive attitude
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.