Senior Product Manager - Technical
San Francisco, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch has a two-sided payments network that collects payments from customers all over the globe and pays out income to our creators. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in downtown SF.
By bringing customers together with creators, we are changing how media is consumed and how communities are formed. Payments is core to Twitch’s strategy to serve the needs of creators in generating income on Twitch. At Twitch, you will work with passionate people who are smart and customer obsessed.
The Payments team has a track record of shipping delightful features that influence how Twitch is perceived by both creators and customers. In addition to launching new features and programs, the Payments team is also the architect and owner of a flexible global payments platform which enables other teams at Twitch to launch new programs.
You will report to the head of product for Twitch's commerce team. As a Product Manager for Payments and Platform, you will help set and execute on Twitch's strategy to enable payments and payouts to all our viewers and streamers. You will help to build a more robust platform for Commerce, and you will work with other product teams, data science, finance, and engineering.
- Lead the entire lifecycle of product management for our payments and platform, from strategy to portfolio management to GTM to post-launch operations and monitoring
- Define the vision and the customer need - manage the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and documentation
- Use customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction
- Create the one-to-two year vision for the payments and payouts product portfolio
- Ensure implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements; make necessary adjustments
- Develop Go To Market (GTM) plan that ensures the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans
- 5+ years of work experience as a Product Manager or Technical Program Manager
- You are a tireless advocate of the needs of our customer - both our creators and payers
- You have strong subject matter experience in regards to payments and monetizing digital products at scale
- You have an excellent product/design sense, and you can take complex problems and craft simple experiences
- You understand when and how to leverage product analytics and run product experiments.
- You care about the details and strive for operational excellence.
- You are able to translate your product ideas into expected business impact
- You have demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional projects through launch while handling an incredible number of moving pieces
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Technical background
- Twitch user, broadcaster, or have experience in the gaming industry
- Strong SQL Proficiency
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.