Product Manager, Visual Search
San Francisco, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest has built the world’s largest catalog of images and ideas without even understanding the visual details of our Pins. But this is changing quickly. Hundreds of millions of Pinners classify hundreds of billions of images across billions of boards and all of these interactions create the world’s largest and highest quality crowdsourced computer vision training dataset.
In this role, you’ll use this dataset and cutting edge computer vision techniques to build new features and signals that help Pinners find the perfect ideas for them. Features will include visual understanding, search, and augmented reality. The signals you create will help teams across Pinterest improve the personalization and relevance of our recommendations. By visually understanding our Pins you’ll empower Pinterest to deliver fresher, more personalized and higher quality Pins to Pinners. This work will be critical in helping hundreds of millions of people find inspirations that they truly love.
What you’ll do:
- Create new features powered by the cutting edge of computer vision capabilities
- Develop new visual signals and work with teams across Pinterest to use those signals to improve relevance
- Oversee a state of the art computer vision training system and a team of human curators to build out the world’s highest quality recognition models
- Manage a large scale evaluation process to ensure that visual models are high caliber and that areas of improvement are identified and corrected
What we’re looking for:
- Over 6 years of product management or related experience at fast growing companies with at least a year of experience with machine learning techniques
- Proven ability to lead teams, work cross-functionally, and navigate organizations in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong organization skills and a history of delivering complex projects on time
- Deep analytic abilities with experience creating SQL queries from scratch
- Familiarity with human intelligence systems (e.g. Amazon Mechanical Turk)
- Deep technical understanding with experience in machine learning and computer vision in particular