Product Manager, Games
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Posted 8 months ago
Carry1st is the leading mobile game publisher in Africa. We develop, market, and monetize engaging and interactive apps for the first generation of smartphone users across the continent. In our first year, we published a #1 game in Nigeria and Kenya and just soft-launched our second title. We have over a million customers and hundreds of thousands of unique monthly active users… and we’re just getting started!
In 2020, we look to scale to over 1M monthly active users across Africa, enhancing our first two franchises and publishing content from partners in Africa and abroad. As Product Manager, Games, you’ll drive development, scale challenges, and deliver fun, constantly improving player experiences. You will develop the product vision and specifications to drive revenue, using data to inform your decisions. We are looking for a mix of leadership and product management, as making your ideas reality requires you to be able to articulate a vision and partner with teammates across different verticals.
What will you do?
- Become an expert in understanding customers and building engaging features that make everyone excited to come back and see what’s new
- Translate platform strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Analyze data and translate findings into actionable next steps or new features
- Make tradeoffs between scope, delivery dates, and business goals
- Monitor the games landscape to understand market opportunities and trends
What makes you a great candidate?
- Proven experience shipping world-class products (consumer mobile/games preferred)
- Passionate about games and digital products, and crafting engaging user experiences
- Research and data-driven approach with good intuition about user experience and journeys
- Ability to create wireframes and write product specifications
- Ability to lead and inspire – with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Structured problem solver and expert at prioritization
- Solid technical knowledge
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- A flat structure where taking the lead is encouraged
- Competitive cash compensation and equity ownership
- Casual dress
This position is based in Cape Town, South Africa – an emerging global tech hub that provides an amazing quality of life. We’ll support your relocation if you’re not here already.
We started on this journey to build a big, impactful company that entertained millions of people across Africa. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for doing hard things, you will find a home at Carry1st. Join us!