Product Manager - Courier Compensation and Incentives
Posted 6 days ago
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in over +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world. As the Courier Compensation and Incentives - Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and building structures of courier compensation and building various incentive programs for couriers to retain, reward and improve operational metrics of a city such as an efficiency. This position will allow you to work on one of the essential pillars of Glovo platform across diverse geographies and operational challenges. You’ll collaborate with engineering, design, and stakeholders across the organization to deliver products that scale over millions of orders across Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia. Examples include - Bonus programs for couriers, compensation structures (pay for time or distance or both which could vary for each of our 22 countries), Payout mechanisms, Earnings and Reports, Cash collection, balances, machine learning-based incentives. You would directly impact couriers lives at a global scale with ownership on improving metrics such as retention, frequency, rejections, cost per order which are key to building a profitable business.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Own the product roadmap for the Courier Fleet team
- Build and improve the compensation structures for couriers across our 22+ countries
- Formulate incentives programs and provide a gamified experience for couriers to better retain, reward and improve operational metrics in a city
- Formulate incentives and compensation structures that bring couriers with varied vehicle types (think cars, motorcycles, electric bikes, cycles) to work with glovo.
- Work on industry-first instant payout solutions by collaborating internally with the payments and fraud team
- Work with payment and fraud team to introduce better payment modes for couriers
- Build an easy to understand report and earnings summary
- Improve the courier understanding of cash payments and balances in the app.
- Work with a stellar team that works on backend and front-end apps - iOS and Android.
- Collaborate with engineering, supply and live operations teams to define a winning strategy, develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog, and execute on delivering
- Define and communicate product requirements and specifications by thinking creatively about how to solve problems that have never been solved before at this scale
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders
- Ship fast and often
- Job is based in Barcelona
- 3+ years delivering highly successful and innovative consumer mobile and full stack products
- It’s a plus - if you’ve worked in an on-delivery/transport company
- You understand how to ask the right questions and deduce insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. A/B experimentation and data-driven decision making are natural to you.
- You have a deep desire and hunger to build and work in the on-demand delivery space. You want to build products that can affect millions of lives and make the gig economy successful.
- Leadership—you can motivate your teammates to create amazing products. You’re great at making tough decisions in a sea of ambiguity and keeping everyone on track
- Superb communication—you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You make complex ideas understandable, and craft specs that are easy for multiple audiences to consume
- Technical know-how is a must—you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Experience in UX Wireframing and working with product designers
- Deep understanding of data, experience with SQL
- Degree in CS, Computer Engineering or Industrial Engineering (this is not a marketing position!!)
- Fluent in English
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/