Product Designer – Creators Charter
Posted 6 days ago
Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Product Designer, you will work with a cross-functional team to discover, define and deliver frictionless experiences in editorial workflow and publishing. If you have a passion for problem solving, systems design and optimizing workflows this role may be a good fit. If you are comfortable facilitating user research studies and team workshops, plus have experience working with design systems, that’s even better! You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who excel in their respective areas and enjoy continuous learning, autonomy, and the opportunity to impact the product in a meaningful way.
You’ll support your cross-functional product development team during discovery and delivery.
- Partner with UX researcher in discovery work
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Solution ideation: take the users perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Support team with concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Assist Product Manager in story and requirements definition
- Assist Product Manager in other discovery activities (e.g. presentations with business stakeholders)
- Prototype creation (from low to high fidelity)
- Suggest user testing solutions
- Improve UX/design quality by pairing with engineers and other designers
- Provide visual assets to engineers
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Prepare visual assets to support marketing activities
- Prepare visual assets for documentation
- Collaborate with other Designers across the org to gather input on ongoing work
- Self starter, looks for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills to design for complex scenarios
- Strong communicator and user advocate
- Experience working with design systems and strong knowledge of UI design patterns and best practices
- Experience with user research (quantitive and qualitative) and user testing
- Experience in meeting and workshop facilitation (good to have)
- UX copywriting skills (good to have)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Learn and develop with a generous education budget (complete with extra days off!) to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Collaborate and develop alongside coworkers at onsite workshops, meetups, guest speakers, as well as company and team events. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Coffee lover? Try our artisanal coffee!
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer German classes onsite
- Bring your dog to work! We’re a dog-friendly office
- Move to Berlin! We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- We love technology- here you’ll work with the latest and greatest hardware
- Keep warm during the Berlin winters with some Contentful socks!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!