Senior UX Designer (remote East Coast)
Posted 3 months ago
This is a remote position, however our desired candidate must be available for a 9:00 AM EST team call every weekday.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for Senior UX Designer with experience in creating well-crafted user-centered products. You will work on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Design work
- Discovery artifacts
- Sketches and rough prototypes
- UX flows
- High fidelity prototypes
- Design library contributions
- Business development
- Business development materials
- Homework and portfolio reviews
- Participation in panel interviews
What You'll Bring
- Stakeholder engagement
- getting information from stakeholders
- Facilitation related to research of and for our users
- Design skill mastery
- Literacy, or a solid understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Collaboration with others
- Owning the full life cycle of a problem
- Knowing what steps to do when
- Great attention to detail
- Peer mentorship
- Giving and receiving peer mentorship from others
- Defining goals for the discovery process
- Ability to synthesize and interpret information
- Design critiques
- Ability to analyze design quality
- Ability to present and facilitate a design critique
- Systems level thinking
- Analysis of a design system as a whole, and the development of new patterns
- HTML / CSS prototypes
- Provides direct and impactful feedback in program team critiques and engages peers in their work. Seeks out feedback from other designers to grow their own skills.
- Sketches, rough prototypes
- Low-fidelity wireframes using collaborative tools
- UX Flows
- Process maps, journey maps
- High fidelity prototypes
- Prototypes that showcase visual design elements, built in a tool such as Sketch. Can also include other visual artifacts including style tiles, mood boards etc.
- Visual design and brand artifacts
- Design library contribution
- Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.