Associate Product Manager
Associate Product Manager
When you join MedApps, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that is helping thousands of health professionals feel capable, confident and efficient in their work. We are hiring exceptional individuals who want to contribute to that mission.
We are a dedicated and driven team of clinicians, consultants, engineers and business professionals. And when we say growing fast, we mean it. MedApps currently has 47 Hospitals across Australia, the UK, NZ and Canada. In 2020, Med App was used to digitally orientate 25% of Australian doctor interns and we currently have an installed user base of over 17,000 clinicians.
The Associate Product Manager role is a unique opportunity to learn Product Management in a hands-on environment, where your work will make a direct impact on the product and business.
You will be a key member of the Product Team, ensuring MedApps is developing a best-in-class product that aligns with both the needs of our users and our company strategy.
As Associate Product Manager, your core responsibility is to understand and interpret feedback from our stakeholders, translate feedback into requirements for our engineering team and ensure we ship exceptional features that our customers love.
You will be a central part of the business and you will have the opportunity to learn in a fast-paced and hands-on environment, having daily contact with all areas of the business including engineering, operations and our leadership team.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Understanding our roadmap, breaking new features into milestones and writing clear and concise user stories for our engineers
- Working directly with key internal stakeholders to ensure feedback is captured and prioritised into development sprints
- Management of new product requirements from feedback through to post-release, including writing detailed user stories, creating wireframes, quality testing and communicating new functionality to key stakeholders
We are looking for a problem-solver, a great communicator and someone who is highly self-motivated and organised.
You may be from a Business Analyst background or looking to break into a Product Management role. At its core, you are driven by a passion to understand how technology can solve customer problems and you love to execute on your ideas.
You are looking to work in a startup so you can be in a fast-moving environment where you can learn all stages of the software development lifecycle.
Key characteristics about you:
- You love to get to the bottom of customer problems and work with a team to develop amazing solutions
- You are highly organised and pay close attention to detail, allowing you to easily break a solution into its pieces and develop a plan to execute upon
- You are a master at prioritising and know how to balance multiple factors when figuring out the order in which to execute on your plans
- You have excellent communication skills, clearly articulating what you want to achieve whether it’s talking to engineers, operations or customers
- You analyse and interpret data to make informed decisions
- You love technology and innovation and are always looking to learn more, whether it’s general strategy, product, design or development
Nice to haves:
- Completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, ideally in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a Product Management or Business Analyst role
- A strong understanding and interest in design and user experience
- Experience and an understanding of the different phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in the Medical/Healthcare Industry
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working, remote in Australian Time Zones
- Personal Development, training and conferences