Senior Director, Product Marketing
This senior leadership role is critical to articulating the value and differentiation of the Appian Low-code Automation Platform. The role is responsible for leading a growing team of product marketers to identify and deeply understand target personas, develop compelling messaging, and support and execute targeted campaigns that drive awareness, leads, and pipeline opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven, change-maker, product marketing rockstar.
- Lead, structure, and manage a strong and growing team of global product marketers.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our target personas and buyers’ journey via active customer and prospect engagement, and educate the entire company on their needs and challenges.
- Define platform messaging and positioning that is aligned with our corporate messaging. Translate technical concepts and capabilities into concise, compelling, and differentiated value propositions. Craft relevant and compelling stories.
- Drive our content strategy and execution for top and middle of the funnel content mapped to the buyers’ journey. Track and optimize content performance for awareness, engagement, and pipeline creation. Maintain a global content calendar to enable strong coordination of content development for marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate intimately with Sales and Product Management, and drive tight go-to-market alignment and execution.
- Drive hands-on, global sales enablement for platform messaging, positioning, and product-specific capabilities.
- Support x-functional initiatives by collaborating closely with senior leaders in other departments and internal marketing teams, such as industry, customer, campaign, digital, creative, AR/PR, partner, events, and more.
- Support key Appian events, as needed (Appian World, Appian Europe, Appian Public Sector, etc).
- Assess and refine all product marketing and go-to-market strategies and processes.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the current Appian platform and future roadmap.
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field preferred
- Track record of collaborating closely with product management and sales.
- 10+ years experience in product marketing, with growing responsibilities and proven ability to operate at high velocity.
- Solid technical understanding of automation and low-code platforms and capabilities.
- Strong understanding of related marketing functions, including digital and creative.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deep analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Solid knowledge of analytics tools.
- Team player is a must, and ability to laugh at yourself is a plus!
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.