Staff Product Analyst, Tech Partnerships
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Staff Analyst on Tech Partnerships, you will be responsible for helping our technology partnerships team plan KPIs for their initiatives, provide a consistent flow of data-driven insights to achieve targeted KPIs, and create dashboards and reporting to monitor and measure success. The ideal candidate will need product and business analytics experience with strong technical and analytical abilities.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled analyst who can bring a deep understanding of analytics and the ability to turn that understanding into insights and recommendations that inform strategic business decisions. This role would also be responsible for designing and building all reports and dashboards for the Tech Partner Program.
Working alongside all members of the Tech Partnerships team, the Staff Analyst will need to be an experienced collaborator with the technical skills to generate insights quickly and confidently, and who thrives on sharing those insights to influence action. This role will play an integral and highly visible role in combining analytical insights and business acumen to inform strategies in support of Mailchimp’s integrations and tech partners.
What you'll do here:
- Provide actionable insights and a clear point of view on overall performance of Mailchimp’s Tech Partner Program
- Align with the team to determine needs and requirements (e.g. revenue, product usage and adoption to name a few), offering guidance on setting and measuring objectives and KPIs for initiatives and projects
- Collaborate across internal research and analytics teams to provide business-level analytics and insights, e.g. customer acquisition, churn, segment-specific behavior, product adoption and usage, support caseload and topics.
- Contribute to a data-informed culture - identify and work to resolve data discrepancies, create data tables needed for analysis and automation
- Help manage and maintain our database in a SQL/BigQuery environment; run queries for ad hoc analyses and ongoing reports
- Create and maintain accurate and actionable reporting and dashboards to track key prospect, customer and partner metrics
- Monitor reporting and dashboards for changes in trends, share or present insights to stakeholders, and make recommendations on new or evolving opportunities
- Execute on short-term needs flawlessly, while keeping in mind long-term goals and needs of the team
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to the product and the business, be able to leverage those insights to help teams make data-informed decisions
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a data & analytics function that supports digital products
- Ability to clearly translate complex analysis into a framework and language that internal stakeholders can understand
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and Excel
- Expertise with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools (bonus points for experience in Looker, Tableau and Google Data Studio)
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively present data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences and up to executive management
- Patience and enthusiasm for explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Experience working with marketing agencies or integration developers
- Ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- Expertise in A/B testing analytics and best practices (a plus)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: