Product Marketing Manager, Pure1
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for a creative, energetic Product Marketing Manager to shape our next products as well as develop our product messaging and positioning to various audiences. You will be a key member of the product marketing team that will define the marketing strategy as well as execute on its corresponding marketing plans for Pure Storage’s AI-driven management, support, and analytics platform. You will help connect prospects & customers with our core message of intelligent and self-driving storage as we transform both IT and businesses of the world’s biggest brands and companies.
- Play a key role in product launch strategy and ensure product needs are intact and launched on time by working cross-functionally across partner teams such as product management, corporate marketing, sales and engineering.
- Create, define and own the content for product messaging and positioning. Apply your creative flair to all forms of collateral: data sheets, product decks, web content, white papers, videos, presentations, solution briefs, blogs, etc. Create the “ah hah” moment for your audience.
- Be an expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape, analyze and document Pure's positioning, and communicate Pure's differentiation compellingly to the market
- You will work closely with the Demand Gen, Events, and Field Marketing teams who are responsible for lead generation campaigns and go-to-market events and programs to ensure that all of the marketing collateral at these campaigns, programs and events is consistent in overall branding, message and details; also ensure that all sales tools and collateral at these events and programs are up-to-date and complete.
- Product and sales support. Act as advisor to the sales, create training materials & train them on new products, technologies and provide guidance on target market segments to optimize success for your products.
- You will work with analyst relations, press relations, and customer advocacy to participate in creation of specific messages for analyst and media briefings, product evaluations, and public case studies. You will conduct customer and partner interviews to generate case studies as well as capture requirements.
- Actively participate in the product roadmap/release process, understand and communicate the impact on customers of scheduled new product, feature and enhancement releases.
- Measure what works, what doesn’t, and devise ways to improve!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ yrs. experience in an enterprise product-marketing role for data center products/solutions, preferably cloud/SaaS-based software or data storage.
- Proven experience in product launch, market analysis, developing compelling and differentiated product messaging.
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories.
- Outstanding written communication skills; skilled at writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer interviews, case studies and white papers
- High energy, sense of urgency and passion with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Capable of/willing to do basic market research and analysis
- Experienced at managing and delivering on time with multiple concurrent priorities
- Proven track record of interacting with product/technology experts, to be the market expert for her/his product, then translate into solid go-to-market strategy and marketing plans/collaterals for the entire organization including sales
- Previous experience with Marketing SaaS solutions and/or enterprise storage solutions a plus.
- BA/BS degree.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.