Product Analyst Team Lead - eCommerce
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Over the last year, we have witnessed a major transformation for Ocado Technology and the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). From weathering the pains of customers placing their first orders, to offering an online retail solution that has helped rocket our business to the FTSE 100. Not only are we ‘live’ and successful for a major retailer but we are well underway in realising our vision in becoming the leading retail online platform provider, with four of the world’s leading retailers already on board.
What you will be doing
As the Product Analyst Team Lead you will be joining the Shopping Platforms team who are working on multiple critical areas of the business, where data driven decisions are key. You will be joining and leading an existing team of Data Analysts who have grown recently to 4 individual contributors (in two geographical locations, Hatfield & Barcelona) and is in a strong position to deal with large quantities of data and a large number of requests from internal stakeholders which include Product Managers, Engineers & UX Designers & Researchers .
As a service provider to its stakeholders, the team needs to continue growing in their craft and start thinking of a more strategic direction of data insights within Shopping Platforms/ eCommerce. You will also take line management responsibilities and will be in charge of facilitating continuous improvement of the team members, including mentoring, coaching, 1:1s and feedback.
In a nutshell, your mission is to ensure to deliver the following:
- Strategy: Shaping the data strategy for Shopping Platforms/eCommerce and owning the delivery.
- Performance: The team is a high performing one.
- Outcomes: The team contributes to creating business value in such a way that insights produced by the team are actively taken into account in decision making by other stakeholders.
As a Product Analyst Team Lead you will be responsible for;
- Collaborating with the team, define and regularly review the strategic direction of data that will feed into the business internal insights as well as our clients’ data ambitions.
- Leading the team to produce well structured and tested insights for their stakeholders.
- Championing best practices, provide opportunities for learning and sharing and support the team with your technical experience.
- Facilitating the continuous improvement of the team with mentoring, coaching, 1:1s.
- Recruiting new team members if required and assist the new starters.
- Protecting the right balance between high standards, autonomy and timely delivery of insights.
- Collaborating with UX Research function aiming for providing complete insights (qualitative and qualitative) to stakeholders.
We would like you to have:
- Strong communication skills.
- Coaching and developing others.
- Building a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and fun to work in.
- Hands-on experience using SQL, BigQuery & Excel.
- Knowledge of processes and methodologies including customer segmentation, AB/Testing amongst others.
- Experience with data visualisation tools.
- Experience with agile team workload management tools (e.g. Jira, Trello).
Bonus points for:
- Version control systems (e.g. Git)
What can we offer you?
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.