Manager, Consumer Product Marketing
New York, NY
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious marketer to join Tripadvisor’s consumer product marketing team. The Consumer Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for translating Tripadvisor’s global brand strategy into traveler-centric revenue-driving communications and campaigns that make our most valuable products and features famous with our visitors and members, and ultimately drive more habitual and deep travel planning behavior.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Activation, the successful candidate will own the marketing strategy for driving adoption and usage of the core Tripadvisor products throughout the traveler life-cycle journey in order to improve engagement and revenue. The candidate will be responsible for constantly thinking about driving “the right message at the right time” to drive conversion across our core products. You will need to collaborate with various teams across multiple functions including Product, Brand, design & copy Creative teams, CRM, PR, Research, Analytics, and Legal.
This position calls for a highly collaborative, creative, organized, and innovative marketer to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with a positive and proactive attitude. The ideal candidate is someone who is customer-obsessed, is very comfortable interpreting data and insights to drive hypotheses, and understands how to develop and coordinate marketing strategies that truly move behavior and drive revenue within a digital product experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive revenue via a traveler-centric marketing and messaging strategy throughout the travel journey, including how we position and present our core products and features to the right travelers at the right time. Work with Growth team and marketing channel owners to deliver communications and campaigns to bring this strategy to life.
- Be a strong advocate for infusing our brand strategy into omni-channel communications and core product development, in order to increase clarity of our brand among the traveler segments and across the travel journey.
- Partner with product management and research to define consumer-facing value propositions and key benefits for new Tripadvisor products and features
- Develop go to market strategies and messaging guidelines that represent the voice of the traveler, and reach the right segment in the right context.
- Oversee execution of channel marketing plans across all Tripadvisor channels including but not limited to: on-site education, email, push, social media, PR, app stores, and digital advertising
- Align with product and analytics to develop and measure consumer growth KPIs and define campaign success
- Work closely with the creative teams to develop and execute targeted campaign deliverables, and with the Brand team to ensure all creative assets and campaigns support the Tripadvisor brand strategy
- Work with User Research Team to develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing roadmaps, messaging and rollout
- Define how products and features fit within the Tripadvisor member journey, and is able to champion how adoption and engagement with the product will drive value for the traveler and Tripadvisor
- Be an internal champion of creative excellence and on-brand communications, and is rigorous about thinking traveler-first
- Identify strategies to leverage behavioral and mindset audience segments in order to convert visitors into valuable, loyal Tripadvisor members
- Seek out and bring innovative outside industry best practices to existing programs
What We Seek:
- 5-7+ years of marketing experience, ideally in an e-commerce-oriented, B2C environment
- Previous Product Marketing experience strongly preferred
- You’ve previously worked in CRM or retention marketing
- Experience building marketing programs to target specific customer segments
- You’ve influenced cross-functional teams to bring new products to market
- Experience working with creative teams (design and copy) with a rigorous focus on excellence and brand alignment
- Adept at developing insights-driven hypotheses for how we can drive deeper engagement with Tripadvisor among visitors and members