Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join a dedicated Scrum team that is delivering platform capabilities available to customers and internal product teams. The Product Owner will be part of a new exciting innovation initiative at Bottomline.
This position can be based out of an open location in the US, preferably the East Coast
How you’ll contribute:
- Gather business requirements and communicate those to the broader product management team and your scrum team
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of product stories, use cases and functional specifications.
- Work with the team to deliver “ready” Epics and user stories
- Work with Product Development to accurately document functional requirements within the stories that make up the scrum teams backlogs.
- Understand and communicate the impact of changes to the requirements.
- Increase personal technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Document API specifications and user guides for developer enablement.
- Assist in training the implementation and support teams.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the area of focus for the scrum team for client project questions and issues.
- Understand velocity of the team to assist with prioritizing the backlogs, assist the team in determining how much can be taken into a given sprint cycle, determine when work is considered “done”.
- Ability to make key product decisions within a given sprint cycle.
What will make you successful:
- 3+ years managing technology products and success defining and launching products
- 2+ years demonstrable knowledge of SDLC, Product Lifecycle Management
- Experience in solution delivery in a CI/CD environment
- Prior hands-on experience in Development, QA and/or Automation, ideally as a team lead, is preferred
- Knowledge of leading and executing in an agile methodology using Scrum.
- Training in analytical processes such as story creation, use case definitions or interview techniques.
- Ability to capture use requirements for an application to drive user story creation
- Strong written communication skills. (MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel & Word)
- Knowledge and experience in the use of JIRA
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of designing software solutions.
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Individual must have a strong quality focus
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Business or a Technology-related field
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Keywords: Cloud, Product, SaaS