Product Manager - Platform Engineering
Denver, Colorado, United States
Posted 7 months ago
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a talented and technical Product Manager (Edge) to join our Technology Platform organization. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience owning and evolving a billions-of-API-calls API Gateway and the underlying Edge Infrastructure product portfolio. This position reports to the Product Management Director for Platform Engineering. If you are deeply passionate about enabling Twilio engineers, and love solving complex infrastructure problems with software, you are probably a great fit for our team.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering technical products. They also have:
- 4-7 years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Deep experience with API gateways/proxies and associated edge infrastructure.
- Experience with the requirements of a billions per-day API edge (and ideally a millions per day Console edge).
- Experience working with teams on (preferably) AWS Infrastructure, who employ Security and Networking products (Load Balancers, DNS, certificates, regional end-points, EIPs)
- Knowledge of the API best practices such as OpenAPI, JSON, GRPC.
- Knowledge of security and data privacy best practices for engineers and compliance regimes (ISO, GDPR, SOC/SOC2, FEDRAMP, OFAC).
- Led new software features and/or new software products from ideation through GA/launch in an Agile environment.
- Possess strong technical acumen – you can communicate effectively with engineers and architects.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager on the Technology Platform team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams– assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Seek out and gather our engineers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to engineers–learn and adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
The Twilio Technology Platform organization empowers every Twilio developer to be their best at Twilio. Our team of talented Product Managers owns the vision and roadmap that delivers value to our Twilio engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office or wherever you are in the United States of America. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.