Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Do you want to make sure industrial reality becomes more sustainable, efficient, and safe? Help us crack the code in building a best in class SaaS product, solving the most complex problems facing industrial companies.
We’re a group of experienced product managers looking to grow our team with both mid-level and senior product management profiles to build delightful and valuable product experiences.
As a Product Manager at Cognite, you will be working in cross-functional teams with engineers and designers on well-defined problem areas and figuring out how to best solve them.
What Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Be an expert in the product and keep up to date with technological advances and buyer and user preferences
- Lead the discovery, development, and release process end-to-end as part of a cross-functional team
- Create a culture of seamless collaboration between the team and the rest of the organization
- Build and develop a well functioning cross-functional team that is able to deliver upon the strategy and reach its goals
- Gather the best customer insights and problems to solve together with designers, engineers, marketers, and more
- Create a regularly updated product roadmap, prioritized with problems worth solving now, later or never with a data and insight-informed approach
- Define and communicate product strategy for great short term delivery and long term impact
- Set product requirements in line with customer needs and business objectives
- Assess if the team is doing the most important thing with real impact and adjust accordingly
- Provide product communication to a wide variety of audiences i.e. customers, senior management, internal groups, and internal departments and at industry events
We’re looking for a product manager who:
- Wants to deliver first-class user experiences that solve business needs
- Loves learning new things and diving deep into problem spaces
- Thrives in a dynamic environment where priorities can change (and want to be involved in changing them!) and require both tactical hands-on and strategic thinking
- Creates clarity with written, presented, and spoken communication in English
- Has a very strong analytical mind and isn’t afraid of (and loves digging into) technical complexities
- Shares learnings and brings out the best in their PM counterparts and cross-functional team members
- Is decisive and isn’t afraid to kill their darlings or challenge the status quo
- Takes responsibility for both strategy and day-to-day execution
- 2+ of experience as a product manager or UX designer in a product & tech company for Product Manager
- 5+ of experience as a product manager or UX designer in a product & tech company for Senior Product Manager
- Track record in leading development and delivering products/solutions that solve user and business needs
- Experience with shipping and iterating on scalable software or SaaS products in a lean and agile process with data driven decisions
- Degree in engineering, design or business
- Experience with user-centered design or design thinking
- Bonus: Background as an engineer or data scientist in an industrial company
Why should you work at Cognite?
- A product management organization focused on the development of product management skills and knowledge
- We’ll help to relocate you to Norway!
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, parental leave, and more)
- IT-equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Mobile phone plan and a broadband connection at home
- Extended private health services to supplement Norway’s socialized healthcare system (including a free annual health check, on-site clinic, mental health support, and more)
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the on-site canteen, with a variety of delicious, healthy food options
- Free staffed gym on-site
- Options for lots of social activities with your fellow Cogniters (including book club, team sports like football and boxing, as well as after-hours social events)
- Free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 - B2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Our bright, capable team includes some of the best software programmers, data scientists, designers, game developers, 3D developers, and commercial professionals in the business. Our international team is setting the standard for industrial software by accelerating innovation in data contextualization, advanced visualizations, and machine learning.