Product Design (UI/UX) Intern - Summer 2020/2021 (Sydney)
We’re seeking individuals enthusiastic about improving the world through design and making technology accessible to more people. MongoDB Australia is looking for a product design intern to help us build designs that are not only easy to use, but are loved by our customers!
As an intern you will work closely with full-time product design mentors to gain practical product design experience. You will resolve and advocate for user needs, and balance those with business objectives. You will build and make an impact on our data visualization platform, MongoDB Charts!
This program is open to students with Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency expecting to graduate in the next 12-24 months. The internship will last 10 weeks from late November 2020 to early February 2021, full-time.
What we are looking for...
- You are in the process of receiving a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or certificate in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Digital Media Design, and/or related fields
- You are interested in prototyping, designing, testing, implementing, and evaluating user experiences for web based applications
- You are familiar with usability heuristics and standard methodologies in UX design
- You have experience in prototyping skills and can build wireframes and process flow diagrams
- You are able to plan and coordinate usability tests
- You have a portfolio of work or projects that includes case studies of design and/or user research projects that highlight your process and your role on the project
What you'll find at MongoDB Australia...
- You will help define user needs and build designs which lead to outstanding product experiences for MongoDB customers
- You will develop a deep understanding of users through ongoing user research and analysis of behavior patterns, and champion for their needs
- You will collaborate with other designers and partners to research, craft and develop user interfaces for MongoDB products and services, collaborating with product managers and engineers for design and implementation
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
At MongoDB, we value inclusiveness, diversity, collaboration and intellectual honesty. Find out more about our culture and values here: https://www.mongodb.com/company#core-values