Technical Product Manager
New York, New York, US
Posted 1 month ago
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Digital Workplace Engineering team is focused on engineering tools and applications IBMers need to be effective. Through a family of apps and services, we’re building an environment which is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to push the limits on productivity and collaboration. We are well-positioned to deliver the next chapter of the digital workplace, leveraging expertise in cloud, security, and scale.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll understand user behavior, analyze data, identify trends, craft strategies, lead cross-functional programs, and drive wide-scale implementation and delivery.
· Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, designers, and user researchers to analyze patterns, trends, and identify new opportunities for growth
· Collaborate cross-functionally with other organizations, teams, and stakeholders to drive strategic engineering efforts
· Work with product managers and UI/UX design teams to deliver applications with engaging user experiences at their core
· Analyze and balance the various aspect of software development – timeline, quality, capacity, etc.
· Manage a wide range of internal stakeholders from multiple domains with varying levels of influence
· Work with Engineering Lead to establish the vision for an end to end search product
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-plus years of product management, and/or strategy experience at a consumer technology company
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis, including statistical analysis
- Ability to execute against defined objectives both tactically and strategically
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, designers, and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Technologies: Machine learning, SEO, NoSQL
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Engineering Product management UX design