Product Manager (Group Systems)
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Product Manager to join our team in Cape Town. We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Product Lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The overall vision and roadmap of features for the Takealot Group Customer Service Platform.
- The role is inherently cross-functional working closely with customer service, engineering, design, operations, and executive teams to bring about product enhancements that will benefit our customers and/or business.
- You will work with business owners to understand their strategy, requirements and priorities in order to translate needs into recommended initiatives & projects that affect the product.
- You will define and track the metrics and data that will inform all decisions on product features and functionality.
- Create business cases to motivate the prioritization of these initiatives.
- You will analyse and understand project scope and core objectives through requirements workshops with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- You will elicit detailed, low level functional requirements and document these requirements such that detailed technical specifications can be compiled by Engineering.
- Collaborate with technical lead and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Evolve appropriate Product Management practices for a responsive, dynamic environment to foster effective execution to commitments.
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions and initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Setting timelines, driving project schedules and leading cross-functional development teams from design through to release.
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Must have a proven track record of execution and have the ability to formulate a detailed product roadmap, and to execute on that plan.
- Ability to wear multiple hats to guide junior product managers, business analysts, UX experts and engineering to deliver world-class products.
- Solution oriented, accountable, highly-motivated and have a robust personality.
- The ability to take initiative in ambiguous situations, by identifying critical problems and driving solutions.
- Data driven decision making.
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- An avid customer advocate
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years product management experience of which at least 2 years in a product development environment
- Experience in an e-commerce environment would be to your advantage
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading ecommerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.