Product Manager, Design Systems & Navigation
Product Manager, Design Systems & Navigation
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work together more efficiently and see the larger purpose behind their work. At Asana, you’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship a better product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager for our Design System team. On the Design System team, you’ll guide the vision for (and support the quality execution of) the system, foundations, and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed software. You’ll also lead the charge to improve in-product navigation. You’ll ensure that Asana is straightforward and easy to use, for individuals and teams at every scale.
You’re a curious product person who has deep empathy for customers and can take on difficult, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You’re a strategic thinker who can leverage both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your roadmap, and you have a knack for identifying both quick wins and big bets. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with design, engineering, user research, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing team.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling roadmap based on customer needs and strategic opportunities for the Asana design system, navigation, and accessibility
- Partner with design, engineering, data science, user research, and marketing partners to ship an excellent product with thoughtful success metrics
- Form strategic partnerships with teams across all groups to ensure successful rollout of system changes, including the prioritization, sequencing, and adoption of the design system in addition to what you directly ship on the Design System team
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive experience that delights new and existing customers
- 4+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems.
- Get Stuff Done: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Customer centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem.
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity.
- Grow Team Asana: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.