Product Manager- Consumer
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
Zego presents an interesting challenge to a Product team, encompassing consumer-facing technical product development in the form of websites and apps, all the way through to unlocking innovation in actuarial science by developing pricing engines and novel data integrations. All of this against the backdrop of a regulated industry, dominated by incumbents and ripe for technology-led disruption.
This role will be focussed on consumer-facing technical product development, which at the moment includes our zego.com website, the Zego app and a portal for our B2B customers. You’ll be working closely with senior leaders in sales, marketing and account management to deliver the best possible products to our customers, and as such you’ll have strong knowledge and understanding of customer acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention through digital products.
About the role
- You will be taking responsibility for Zego’s consumer-facing digital products, this currently includes zego.com, the Zego app and B2B portal
- You will be working with a strong engineering team, complete with a Tech Lead, Staff Engineer and Engineering Manager for support
- You will work with senior management to establish and lead the implementation of Zego’s consumer product strategy, partnering across the sales and marketing organisation to bring our vision to life
- You will work closely with stakeholders and the engineering team to identify and develop new product opportunities that enhance and expand Zego’s customer proposition
- You will recognise and respond to the entirety of our customer’s product experience, ensuring we are able to offer agility in bringing new features to market
- You will leverage your deep insight of product development to collaborate with product, design and engineering teams, providing strategic leadership across the teams you work with
- You will represent the customer and play a critical role in re-aligning initiatives and plans to meet their immediate and future needs
- You have Product Management experience in innovative commercial product teams
- You are a customer-focussed Product Manager, putting the needs of the customer front and centre in your decision making process
- You will ideally have a background in fintech/insurtech/e-commerce
- You have proven experience of working within an agile Product team
- You are a natural strategist, holding strong ideas loosely and comfortable navigating shifting priorities
- You demonstrate value through building data-driven products
- You are an excellent communicator, confident articulating your ideas and perspectives individually and across the organisation
- You are analytical and able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- You are commercially minded and enjoy the challenge of adapting to the evolving needs of an ambitious business
- You have experience working closely with user research teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.