Senior/ UX Writer
Senior/ UX Writer
In this role, you will influence messaging, tone, and the overall experience of millions of users, with high visibility and high impact. The UX Writer will work closely with UI/UX designers, UX researchers, product managers, and engineers to help our business and customers succeed.
What the day to day looks like:
- Creates user-centric copy for web and mobile applications. This includes partnering with product designers and information architects to create information flows and terminology within complex workflows from concept, wireframes, prototypes, to production.
- Collaborates with the product designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience including contributing to the product’s voice and tone style guide.
- Works with product team to identify opportunities where research can inspire, optimize, or evaluate the UI content; in the absence of research, use data and have an intuition for what will work well.
- Revisits existing product copy in an effort to constantly refine OKEx user communications.
- Drives clarity and consistency in tone, terminology, and support a systematic approach for all in-product copy.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers, UX researcher, product managers, engineers to improve the Wish product
Ideal candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in content development and strategy, high-tech industry preferred
- 5+ years of experience in UI copywriting, or combined 5+ years in UI copywriting as well as technical writing, or UX/product design
- Experience contributing to product, feature, and/or service strategy as well as roadmap development and execution
- Proven ability to adhere to specific conversational tones and to write about otherwise-serious topics in a fun, creative, and engaging way
Nice to have
- Able to communication (written and verbal) skills in Chinese
- Experience and interest in user-centric design
- Experience with usability testing preferred but not required
- Additional experience in any of the following areas a plus: unmoderated user testing, workshop facilitation, graphic facilitation or illustration, program management, terminology, marketing collateral, or web copy
- Experience and expertise in a blockchain field preferred, but not required