Senior Product Manager
Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
The Senior Product Manager, Supply, Quality & Content based in Sydney, under our Viator brand, is responsible for driving key product initiatives for our Supply team. You will work closely with the stakeholders to implement tools that innovate and optimize the way we deliver best in class supply.
You are a leader who will own the delivery for the platform and drive key initiatives, including improving the product quality, automation improvements, building scalable applications and tools, along with other high visibility projects.
You are a self-starter and thrive in an environment where you can work on complex product features. You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal/external research. You have extensive experience working in an Agile framework and with engineering teams to break down the product plans and deliver best-in-class products. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a global team environment working in several time zones.
At Viator, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-growing environment where you will have a lot of ownership while being part of the TripAdvisor family ensures you will have the support needed to exceed your goals.
Summary of essential job functions
- Be the voice of the supplier and champion it through the entire organisation.
- Execute long-term goals for Supply Pillar as well as tactical initiatives required for urgent needs.
- Challenge our current processes and strive for greater ways of working.
- Build tools that innovate and optimize the way we deliver best in class supply.
- Lead optimisation of our quality and content metrics with a customer-centric approach.
- Work with 3rd party providers and/or commercial software providers
- Work with stakeholders to define customer journeys and translate strategic business ideas into product stories and acceptance criteria.
- Manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as to executives.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems
- 5+ years of product/project management experience
- Experience in Supply Chain, preferably e-commerce in a marketplace environment a plus
- Experience working with suppliers, customers external-facing APIs, marketplace platforms or third-party partners
- Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures is nice to have
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a diverse set of responsibilities
- Proven ability to create, analyze and communicate analytics and performance metrics
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency with agile development
- Some requirement to teleconference with overseas teams, as necessary
- Overseas travel is required as part of this role