Global Head of Product Support
New York, New York, United States
Blue Prism is currently seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Global Head of Product Support to join our team. Our mission is that our leaders should build and operate an organization that enables Customers for Life, so if this describes you – keep reading.
As an integral part of the Product Development value chain, the primary objective for the Global Head of Product Support will be to set the vision for Product Support and bring the staff and other BP stakeholders along with you as you implement the strategy to achieve the Vision and Mission. This person will be accountable for shaping and delivering the departments long range and short term strategies in order to drive the overall achievement of specified performance targets for the department. This will all be aligned to the overall product roadmap and company strategy.
Our ideal candidate will balance the achievement of business objectives while championing their people and a diverse and inclusive workforce. A Customer First mindset must permeate all you do from your management style, performance management, and talent agendas. Excellence in product support engineering, consulting and creative problem-solving skills and personal interaction skills of the staff are paramount in being successful for those that you will be responsible for. This candidate will oversee cost effectiveness, productivity, support package creation, future support operating model and ensuring standards and processes that nurture continuous improvement and innovation within the department.
- Provide leadership and direction to the entire Product Support department across the globe
- Establishes and oversees the adoption of the department’s vision, mission, goals and objectives at all levels
- Leads ground support for Product Support Engineers and Managers, overseeing the development and implementation of: support coverage plans, specific product support plans, feedback mechanisms to the Product Development and Product Management teams. This is inclusive of leading analyses, workshops, and the development of recommendations for product insights for review by key stakeholders.
- Ensures that Product Support department needs are correctly prioritized in order to ensure the correctly prioritized allocation of resources.
- Ensures Product Support activities are seen to deliver measurable and significant value to the businesses and meet customer satisfaction and loyalty targets.
- Evangelizes the importance of customer experience to the overall performance of the business and establishes themselves as the go-to experts for level 1-2-3 product support
- Fulfills a mentorship role to key Product Support Managers by assisting in the execution of their duties upon request, ensuring constant sharpening of their skills and grooming them for their future roles
- Plays the lead role in developing and delivering the vision and strategy for the Product Support organization of the future.
- Oversees and determines key goals and objectives of Product Support department
- Drives necessary changes for the improvement of operating and organizational efficiency of the Product Support team
- Orchestrates the continuous improvement of customer experience through the formulation or constant improvement of the processes, procedures, automations and strategies applied by the team
- Ensures the linkage of the Product Support strategy is integrated into the overall Product Management and Customer Office Strategies.
- You will be tasked with measuring the effectiveness of all Product Support engineers using call recording, ticket reviews and direct Customer feedback.
- Utilizes a robust set of metrics to effectively manage the Product Support organization and each team member that leverages the technology tools used today and those that can be brought in
- Conducting financial analysis for the department, managing the departmental budget, voicing any additional financial support to the finance department for the purpose of facilitating improvement in Product Support initiatives
- Use reports and strategic recommendations from various Product Support data and analyses, presents to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- You will be in charge of managing both internal and external relationships on behalf of the Product Support department.
- You will oversee all top administration of Product Support management and interface with stakeholders as well as engaging in direct interactions with the Customers.
- You will be responsible for all first level senior management service escalation matters; keeping on key stakeholders apprised and called in as needed.
- You will also be involved occasionally with helping in the gathering of feedback from Customers as to the performance of the Product Support area and developing changes in strategies and Support offerings.
- Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Psychology, Information Systems, International Relations, Information Technology, or any other related field. The equivalent in working experience is also acceptable
- 7+ years of working experience in Product Support, preferably working as a Product Support Manager for a business within a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Must currently be managing a team and have management experience
- Proven leadership in developing and delivering an innovative, future model of Product Support
- Experience in customer and product service and support research and analytical techniques
- A proven and successful experience driving positive change and influencing enhanced performance in a Product Support department
- A proven and successful experience mapping customer journeys and creating Product Support strategies
- The candidate will also portray a deep understanding of the importance of aligning departmental targets with the business KPIs
- Exceptional communication skills in order to effectively communicate with consumers and convey accurate and high-quality feedback to the business that will facilitate the formulation of effective approaches and strategies
- Excellent communication skills that will aid in the creation of engaging reports and presentations for senior Product Support management
- Capable of tailoring messages for different audiences, bringing out complex concepts in a simple, unambiguous, understandable, and convincing manner
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations and conveyance of detailed Product Support information to junior Product Support staff and other Product Management, Product Development, Customer Office and Sales personnel, for example policies, operational procedures, products and processes.
- Must also have technological acumen, which is necessary today if the business is to gain Customers for Life.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of financial metrics inclusive of cost management, budget setting, demand management, and revenue generation
- Possess strong skills in data management, analysis, and processing, having an ability to translate raw Product Support data and information into actionable solutions and strategies
- Must have an ability to think creatively and strategically, have the ability to multi-task and work comfortably under pressure, to identify issues and work to resolve them in partnership with business leaders and have an ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, be self-motivated working under minimal supervision, and demonstrate calmness and composure under stress and uncertainty and inspire the same in junior Product Support personnel
- Possess outstanding leadership skills. He or she will portray an ability to inspire and motivate others, guiding them in a unified direction and taking accountability for the group’s actions. He or she will also be an approachable and relatable individual, making it easy for junior personnel to follow in their direction and for senior Product Support management to earn their trust and give credit to their insights and judgments.
- Flexible Vacation: We're a team of innovators who work hard, and with hard work comes much needed time off. We all need time off! We offer a flexible vacation plan for all our employees that offers great work/life balance
- 401K Match
- Parental Leave: Blue Prism fully supports all types of families as they welcome a new child into their home
- Employee Share Plan: Our employees are our biggest advocates! We offer the incentive to be included in our growth via RSUs