London, United Kingdom
🚀 Who are we?
Grip is the world’s leading AI-powered event networking solution based in London, UK. We empower professionals with quality business interactions at events across the globe.
At its core, our proprietary technology drives intelligent recommendations through Grip’s self-learning matchmaking engine. We work with the biggest and most exciting event organisers in the world, such as Informa, ITE, Reed Exhibitions, Amazon, ING Bank, The Guardian and many others.
Our backers are well-known investor heavyweights, such as Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter) and David Helgason (Founder at Unity Technologies).
To achieve our business goals and deliver an awesome experience to our users, we are looking for a Product Manager to join our team. You’ll be part of an experienced operations team with a great opportunity to grow and learn while owning your own projects within the company.
🚀 Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Product Manager with a passion for crafting awesome product experiences and is used to working in a fast-paced environment together with talented people. You have at least 3 years of experience in Product Management role with a proven ability to deliver high quality software products under time pressure and with limited engineering resources in a fast-paced work environment.
🚀 Core Responsibilities:
We’re an early stage startup, this means responsibilities will be extremely varied and will span the full lifespan of product development. Your core responsibilities are listed below:
- Ensure successful product and feature launches by facilitating communication and priorities across stakeholders, product, development, and the business.
- You'll be focused on the Event Organiser Experience, from Marketing Website to Organiser Dashboard to manage the Event Experience.
- Analyse requirements and produce clear and concise requirements (user stories) with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Work with key stakeholders and remote teams to communicate product status, priorities, quality assurance and release plans.
- Perform Quality Assurance related tasks for mobile and web products to safeguard the stability of the platform and a continuous delightful user experience.
- Balance business, customer, and technical needs for prioritizations - understand that sometimes tech debt is just as important as customer feedback for business goals as a whole.
- Identify any gaps in product functionality with your own market/competitor research and by actively gathering feedback from sales, operations and marketing to proactively address them.
- Use the latest tools to perform both quantitative and qualitative research that drives product decisions and tracks product progress.
🚀 Mandatory Experience and Skills
Great product people come from a diverse range of backgrounds therefore we’ve tried to keep the experience and skills section broad and open for interpretation. You don’t need to tick all the boxes right now but full confident that over time you’ll be able to master entire list of skills and experience:
- A relevant university degree showing excellence and strong analytical skills.
- 3+ Experience in product strategy, including ability to champion product and UX, as well as fast decision-making when needed.
- A passion for crafting awesome products through continual experimentation, iteration and optimisation.
- A thorough understanding of managing complicated and very extensive web products.
- Ability to make sound design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data as well as sometimes purely based on vision, product philosophy and aesthetics.
- Experience with developing product requirements, including meeting with stakeholders and working with UX/UI and engineering teams
- You’re well organised, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple projects/businesses concurrently.
- Strong computer literacy across a wide variety of tools (Sketch/Photoshop if you have a design background, Postman/Jira/Google Analytics if you have a Product background or any other advanced computer program with a learning curve that you can demonstrate you mastered).
🚀 Mandatory Behavioural Competencies
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written to communicate complex problems and get people to get behind one product vision.
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with.
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas.
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail.
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary.
- Ambitious with a large appetite to learn more.
- A healthy amount of curiosity for the unknown with a growth mindset.
- A team player that is respectful, honest and kind.
🚀 Grip Benefits
- Opportunity to take lead in shaping an entire industry through AI
- World-class team of engineering, data science, product and operations.
- Travel to world-class events with all expenses paid.
- Weekly paid team lunch
- Quarterly outside work activities
- Awesome office location with a vibrant social life
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture