Director, Brand and Product Marketing
Mountain View, CA
Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. Our immersive online learning platform offers practitioner-level training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Backed by well-known investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, Udacity is transforming the world by providing life-long learners the opportunity to upskill in bleeding edge career fields. We also partner with leading enterprises to support them on their journey of digital transformation for their workforces. If you are inspired to be part of something amazing…read on!
Udacity is looking for an experienced marketing leader to oversee brand strategy, new product launches, and customer/industry research. This person will lead the brand marketing, product marketing, and insights teams -- in order to clearly articulate the company’s mission and unique standing in the online learning industry. As Udacity continues to rapidly grow and expands into new markets, the Director of Brand and Product Marketing is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to make a lasting impact on the overall business. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Develop, lead and manage Udacity’s brand marketing strategy across all of its core lines of business (Consumer, Enterprise, and Government).
- Lead brand development and management for Udacity. Deliver strategic initiatives that become foundational to brand positioning, messaging and activation across all marketing channels.
- Partner with the creative team to develop verbal and visual expression of the Udacity brand.
- Identify and define ideal customer segments for both the consumer and enterprise business.
- Develop, test and refine benefits, product positioning and messaging.
- Conduct ongoing research and develop actionable recommendations that improve campaign performance.
Develop and lead GTM marketing campaigns
- Oversee GTM marketing efforts -- specifically supporting all new nanodegree, partnership, scholarship, and new business line launches.
- Define and regularly measure KPIs that track progress against key brand programs.
- Develop a product launch playbook that enables marketing to scale and maximize its impact on all brand and product marketing initiatives.
Increase Udacity’s reputation as the thought leader in online education and upskilling
- Oversee all primary customer research, as well as industry research efforts. Synthesize findings into data points and insights that can be leveraged by multiple company stakeholders (PR, Content, Growth, Product Management, and Sales).
- Develop and execute analyst relations strategy -- helping provide and develop content with Gartner, Forrester, and other influential research organizations.
- Partner with creative, PR, and content teams to develop rich, engaging earned media campaigns.
What we value:
- 7+ years’ experience in brand management/strategy role. At least five years of that experience should be working in-house (i.e. not in an agency).
- Demonstrated track record of leading brand strategy projects from concept to launch for multiple businesses.
- Experience managing a research and insights team or brand strategy research efforts.
- Comfort with ambiguity and developing and executing marketing strategy with minimal guidance.
- Creative problem solver who can also think beyond the traditional advertising and earned media playbook. Experience doing so within limited budgets and tight timelines is a major plus!
- Experience recruiting, managing and retaining high performing talent.
- Previous experience in management consulting or CPG brand management a plus.
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.