Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, California, United States
Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a product designer you’ll use a full range of your design skills from user research, interaction design, and visual design to build delightful user experiences. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. The ideal designer for our team should have experience building beautiful, user-facing products in either consumer or design-driven enterprise verticals. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the Design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Think in terms of design systems, contribute and evolve this system and make rational design decisions based on data, user research and intuition.
- Design templates, flows, animated prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Work very closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation and user experience.
- Clearly communicate and present concepts to the leadership team.
What We Value:
- 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in an individual contributor role, on a design team.
- Previously shipped products.
- Proficiency in Adobe suite, Figma and mobile prototyping tools.
- Ability to apply design across multiple platforms and mediums.
- A online portfolio displaying a strong understanding of design principles.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail: please add black square emoji or symbol to your resume or cover letter.
- Self-motivated and able to balance excellent design production with tight deadlines.
- Ambition and a desire to constantly learn and develop.
Plus if you:
- Can sketch to communicate your ideas.
- Know how to work with video in AE.
- Familiar with CPI, ARPU, LTV, MRR, and all those words.
Design at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other designs in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Job tags: Design systems Engineering Figma Prototypes Research Sketch Sketches User experience User research Visual design