Sr Director Product Marketing - Twilio Flex
San Francisco, CA, United States
Because you belong at Twilio - - Remote OR San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago, Denver or New York offices
The Who, What, Where and Why
Customer engagement is the next frontier for every disruptive brand. Contact centers are at a tipping point; undergoing transformation from legacy based technology to cloud to provide a differentiated customer experience over any channel of interaction. We are looking for a Sr. Director to execute our contact center go-to-market efforts and evangelize Twilio Flex.
You are someone who has in-depth knowledge of developing and scaling go-to-market activities and creating new market categories for software applications. You have three core attributes needed for this role - business acumen, creativity in communication, technical point-of-view. You’ve used metrics and analysis to drive informed business decisions. To demonstrate your technical aptitude, you are comfortable telling stories using code or keynote. You have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or Business. You have an established voice in the cloud community and a well connected network of customer experience or IT executives. A background in the contact center industry is not a requirement, but is a bonus.
As the leader of Twilio Flex marketing team and a senior member of the product marketing team, your goal is to get businesses to adopt Flex by showcasing product features and innovative customer deployments, mapping Flex capabilities to customers' business needs. You will establish Twilio’s thought leadership as a contact center expert at customer meetings, industry and corporate events, and through community sites and social media. You will work globally to deliver keynotes and workshops; develop adoption and acceleration strategies and deeply understand the personas and customer needs.
- Provide leadership, structure, and direction to a team of talented product marketers
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand the product strategy and develop top line customer narratives and compelling thought leadership content and customer stories.
- Develop new marketing strategies to gain VP and C-level mindshare in contact center or customer service organizations.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle and generate the best customer stories in the business.
- Produce high fidelity externally facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides, and more for all funnel stages by partnering with the industry’s leading creative team.
- Create compelling and easy to understand internally facing content including sales training, competitive positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Work closely with cross-functional marketing teams to drive the business & product marketing strategy. Track, measure and report against objectives.
- Drive an amazing launch cycle at our events, including our flagship SIGNAL, that drives conversation forward.
- Work directly with major partners and customers, in a global context, to drive market share and awareness.
- Drive the creation of thought leadership content in the market.
- Connect with customers, sales teams, & partners to show them their future.
- Work closely with corporate marketing to execute innovative online marketing campaigns, SEO, and web design.
- Create sales tools that will assist the sales teams in all phases of the sales cycle.
MEASUREABLE SCORECARD: TALENT & EMPLOYER BRAND MANAGER
- Participated in multi-million-dollar contact center projects
- Experienced a large contact center technology migration
- Is well connected with C-level executives for contact center, customer service or customer experience
- Has an established voice (via blogs, books, presentations, or other thought leadership) in the contact center community.
- Has the ability to empathize with a large company's existing legacy - people, process, or technology - and help map a way forward.
- Can speak authoritatively to small C-level audiences or large industry events on how Flex can transform customer experience from a business perspective, and how that would operationally happen from a technical perspective.
- Can develop and engage the community of C-level executives with customer advisory boards.
- Can establish Twilio’s presence in external advisory boards for contact center forums (e.g. CCW, CCA).
- Can identify use cases that connect contact center experience throughout in their organization to align projects and priorities.
- Can drive consensus across executives to align the goals of large scale, transformational sales opportunities.
- Can help Twilio product teams and partners understand how enterprise executives make decisions, and assimilate product-level feedback.
Twilio Flex is powered by every team within Twilio. This role is pivotal to Flex’s success by leading cross functional efforts across product, marketing and sales. This role will shape Twilio’s success in penetrating $20B+ contact center industry and building a sustainable business.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest weeks tackling hard problems and creating innovative ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.