Product Marketing Manager - North America
Are you the best product marketer in New York? We’d love to meet you.
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission — money without borders — instant, convenient, fair, and eventually free. We built a market-leading technology product that’s been used by over 4 million people to move money around the world without the rip-off fees charged by the banks.
We have a market-leading money transfer product available across North American and Latin American markets. In 2019 we launched a new product in the U.S., the TransferWise debit card, to help customers send money, receive money and spend money in any currency in the world — without the rip-off fees.
Now, we’re looking for a world-class consumer Product Marketing Manager to join our New York office to drive adoption of TransferWise products to customers across the Americas.
It’s not just being able to deliver on insight, value props, messaging and go-to-market - we’re looking for someone with the magic touch that takes the delivery of our marketing from good, to blow-your-mind brilliant. We want every TransferWise user to feel like we built the product just for them — that we’re not only right up their street, but invited in, sitting down at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee like old friends.
On the day to day, the North America PMM will be responsible for insight, messaging, multi-channel product comms, and working with the team to build tools and run experiments to constantly improve product adoption and the customer experience. You’ll drive cross-sell conversion, onboarding funnel optimisation, activation and usage KPIs.
You’ll own the go-to-market strategy for new currency, product and feature launches across the Americas, focussing primarily on the U.S. and Canadian markets. You’ll work closely with our global product marketing team based in London and Singapore to optimise global product adoption and deliver on team OKRs.
You’ll obsess over product economics, LTV and churn rate, continuously testing lifecycle marketing campaigns to increase share-of-wallet and reactivated customers. And in doing so, you’ll deliver the kind of marketing that makes your friends say, “I love the way TransferWise do stuff”.
You’ll have the opportunity to travel and spend time in our London office and Headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. You’ll also have the chance to take part in Summer Days, our annual company offsite in Estonia. You should have the right to work in the U.S. but be willing to travel overseas to take part in company events.
A bit about the PMM Consumer role:
- Work daily with the North America product team to drive product adoption
- Know our North America customer segments, use cases and LTVs inside out
- Work ad hoc with the Latin America product team to run product and feature launches in market
- Run customer insight, market research and competitive analyses
- Develop value proposition and messaging frameworks for key use cases and test messaging hypotheses
- Build and test multi-channel (email, push, in-app-messaging) lifecycle comms and A/B test to continuously improve performance
- Run scalable cross-sell tests in-product to drive adoption
- Own go-to-market for product and feature launches in the Americas
- Be razor sharp on product economics, work with analysts to build launch forecasts and opportunity sizing for projects and campaigns
- Inform product roadmap, building conviction through customer insight
- Develop creative assets, content and campaigns to help customers get the most value out of the product
- Work closely with the performance marketing team to understand CPA for customer segments and keep them closely looped in to product updates
A bit about you:
- Experience in product marketing role in high growth / technology company
- Proven success at launching new products or features for consumer tech products
- Experience running customer insights and market research programmes
- Experience running multi-channel tests, with proven results
- Strong bias for data-driven decision making
- Strong eye for design, demonstrated by recent campaigns
- Excellent communication skills, able to craft succinct, on point messaging
- Strong analytics skills, comfortable working with datasets
- Self-starter with drive to get things done, able to build effective cross-team relationships to move projects forward
- Language skills: Spanish / Portuguese a plus
- Hard skills: HTML and CSS or SQL a plus
- University degree level education
- Genuine passion and interest in contributing to our mission, we’re not looking for someone just to do the job, but to help us change the way the world moves money
Where you’ll be going:
If successful, you’ll be the PMM for the North America product team, working on one of the biggest growth market opportunities in the company. You’ll be a key part of figuring out how we 10x product adoption in the North America market, and have the chance to launch game-changing products in new markets. So if you’re an ambitious go-getter who wants to play an active and enthusiastic role in the future of TransferWise, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a covering letter. We love a great covering letter. It’s your opportunity to show us your communication skills, your passion and your understanding of the TransferWise product.
We cannot provide sponsorship for this position.