Health Insurance Product Analyst
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Analyst to join our Health Insurance Plan Design team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human.
About this role:
The Insurance Product team is responsible for developing Oscar’s plan portfolio strategy for the Individual and Small Group markets. We ensure that our plan designs meet the needs of a diverse marketplace.
We collaborate with Legal and Regulatory Affairs teams to ensure that our plans designs comply with state and federal requirements, provide materials required for annual Qualified Health Plan (QHP) filings, and ensure that member-facing communications are accurate and easy to understand. As an Analyst on the Insurance Product team, you will develop and file regulatory documents required for annual QHP certification: incorporating feedback from different stakeholders, auditing for accuracy, and finalizing Schedule of Benefits, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, and other plan documents as needed. You will deliver the required plan documents required for annual QHP filings and ensure that these documents are distributed and displayed for all downstream users.
In addition, you will support operational processes to insurance product implementation. This role will support all Oscar states and will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market teams to ensure Oscar’s plan information is accurate and available within required time frames.
In this role, you will report to the Insurance Product Director and be responsible for the following:
- Maintain processes and databases for documenting plan cost share and other details by plan by state.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of plan design data and of internal processes to continually improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal and external audiences to understand the plan design information needed. Improve plan descriptions to make it simple for all to understand.
- Support the filing and approval of Oscar’s insurance products through the annual QHP filings with state regulators, state exchanges, and CMS.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in health insurance business operations, consulting, project management, or other related healthcare field
- Strong Excel Skills
- You are collaborative and able to balance and prioritize cross-functional requirements.
- You are organized and have acute attention to detail.
Nice-to-have qualifications and skills:
- A technical bend and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. SQL/Python)
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.