Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
How will I spend my days
As a Product Manager you will join the newly established and evolving Product Operations function to drive the ongoing improvement of the Ocado Technology Product Management function. You will work with the product leadership team to step-change our development operating model to enable our teams to improve and deliver a fantastic and world leading product to our clients and their customers. The role will span all aspects of the product lifecycle across all five of our Ocado Smart Platform development streams (eCommerce, Logistics and Supply Chain, Fulfilment, Retrieval Robotics, Handling Robotics).
You will have responsibility for
- Working with the product leadership team develop business processes to streamline product development
- Working with Solutions stakeholders to ensure our engagement and ways of working are effective and solving real problems
- Become a trusted partner for our product and engineering teams understanding how your team can help contribute to driving our overall mission
- Take a leading role in shaping the Ocado Technology product function to ensure it is fit for the challenges ahead
- Building a healthy and sustainable culture and living the behavioural standards of Ocado Technology
- Agreeing boundaries and constraints and making them explicit
- Regularly stepping back from operational priorities to consider and pursue strategic and systemic improvement
- Setting or facilitating the setting of standards and ensuring that teams are equipped to deliver to them
- Ensuring effective top down and bottom up communication, including strategic and tactical priorities
- Maintaining and driving a pro-active and open communication channel between the stakeholders and the teams
People and organisation
- Coaching others to grow and expand their skills, giving them opportunities in leadership and interaction skills
- Creating forums for feedback, and building an environment of trust and collaboration
Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Building awareness of business objectives and leading teams to achieve them
- Inspiring continuous improvement and creating an environment which allows people and teams to celebrate success, and safely learn from failure
- Creating forums to encourage the cross-pollination of ideas to improve effectiveness and efficiency
What we would like you to know:
- Experience successfully delivering significant products or services, working cross-functionally with engineering, UX and other development areas
- You have a good understanding and experience of product and the practical application of key methodologies used to deliver at scale
- You are assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- You are comfortable sorting out ambiguity and can bring clarity of purpose to a conversation
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on careful listening
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organisation, acute flexibility in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- A proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Collaborative team player, able to bring different skills and personalities together to meet key deliverables
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.#LI-ZB1