San Francisco, California, United States
Healthcare is complicated, but it doesn't have to be. Alto is a modern pharmacy transforming the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven experience. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions - but more importantly, we aim to be health care partners to our patients by offering cost transparency, personalized support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date and surpassed 500 employees across six locations. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a safe, seamless, and delightful pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere.
As a product designer at Alto Pharmacy, you’ll be responsible for crafting a set of products that underpin Alto’s ability to provide an unmatched level of pharmacy service at scale. Our product designers work across a variety of teams focused on growth and pharmacy systems, and we're looking for designers across all areas of the product as we continue to scale.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Turn daunting health care complexities into experiences people love
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers and research on projects that improve the experience for our patients, providers and pharmacy + ops teams
- Contribute to the end-to-end development process: from problem space discovery, to uncovering opportunities, to validating hypotheses through continuous experimentation
- Employ your full stack of design tools (e.g. interaction, visual) to develop multiple design directions that approach a problem from widely different angles
- Build relationships with stakeholders by listening to needs, inviting collaboration on planning and strategy development
- Participate in user research, from ethnography to usability studies
- Incorporate metrics and data analysis to identify problems and goals
- Amplify design culture and best research and design practices
A bit about you:
- 4+ years of professional experience designing user-friendly products for web and mobile
- Creative critical thinker who loves to detangle complexity
- Feel at home working with consumer apps or complex internal tools
- Can share portfolio/case studies demonstrating: shipping of large feature sets that drove user or business outcomes; strong skills in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows; command of visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
- Proven ability to work within cross-functional product teams from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Prototyping experience at varying levels of fidelity
- Experience in user testing tools and methodologies and the ability to translate insights into actions
- Ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
To apply, we require a strong portfolio that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.