Q320 Product Analyst - Cards & Payin
As payment methods go, card payments are a commodity we all got used to many years ago. But the industry is now innovating fast. Around the world, people are putting customer experience at the top of the agenda and companies are using new technologies to bring this to life.
Our goal is to provide the best payment experience we possibly can for our customers. We want to optimise not only for cost and safety but also for convenience.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to our Cards and Pay-in team:
- You’ll help us build insights to spot areas of opportunity so we can improve our customer experience and lower costs for our customers
- You’ll help us understand why customers struggle during the payment process and work with Product Managers and Developers to bring insights to product changes that help our customers
- You’ll ensure that the changes we make to our product are delivering the impact we expect through thoughtful and well-prepared tests
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as an Analyst - Analysts at TransferWise have a broad remit and skillset. You’ll develop to make real customer impact, from analysis to feature engineering
- Make a difference in the world - You’ll be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Learn about the world of payments with payment facilitators, schemes (VISA/MasterCard), and issuers/banks. The world of payments is in an exciting period of change as it moves from conventional to faster/cheaper/more convenient payment options
A bit about you:
- You’re comfortable in an autonomous, self-directed environment and confident with problem structuring, analytical thinking, and communication
- You’re data-driven, with a head for numbers, and you’re highly proficient with SQL
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (ideally with Snowflake)
- You’re familiar with Python and you’re passionate about developing your analytical superpowers even further
- You have an extensive statistical understanding and feel comfortable around A/B tests, confidence intervals and regressions
- You have experience with BI tools
- You’re customer-focused at heart: At TransferWise our customers always come first, so being passionate about making a real difference to their lives is key
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- You used to work in Fintech and/or payment facilitation
- You have a practical understanding of AirFlow
- You have machine learning experience
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.