Senior Product Manager - Financial Products & Applications
New York, NY
Spotify’s Financial Engineering mission is looking for a Senior or Principal Product Manager who will play a key Individual Contributor role in building a financial product strategy, to transform the way the Finance organization derives value from applications, business intelligence, analysis and automation. You will be joining an Engineering and Product group responsible for defining and building the financial platforms and applications that will help accelerate the growth of the Spotify platform. The role is based in New York but collaborates with teams in Stockholm, and will report to the Product Director in the Data & Metrics Product Area. Description of the RoleAs a Product leader, influencer and strategist working within the Financial product landscape, you will contribute to the ideation and design of our data & analytics platform, which will enable the development and scalability of Spotify’s financial applications for meeting the needs of business decision makers. You will help shape and execute on a multi-year financial performance management (FPM) project that has a high impact on the business, and establishes a relationship with Spotify Finance leaders to transform their processes. The individual in this role will partner closely with other Product Managers in the product area, business stakeholders and partners, with a goal of understanding the interoperability of data and products throughout the financial ecosystem and analysis workstreams, There will additionally be a large focus on how to create a value-add experience for end users as it relates to FPM products. This role will be accountable for creating and coordinating a product strategy related to a technology-first FPM ecosystem, and will connect the dots between business, product, engineering, data science and machine learning initiatives. You will become familiar with how data permeates throughout our financial systems and how it relates to the Google Cloud data platform and various applications and endpoints. You ideally have working knowledge and experience with Financial data and processes as it relates to FP&A, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and other elements related to the P&L. This role is an IC strategy role and not affiliated to a particular squad, and in that sense you should be a self starter and someone who can rely on previous relevant experience to influence and execute.
Who you are
- You are a highly analytical, motivated, and creative individual who has a passion for utilizing operational excellence and cutting-edge technology. You continuously identify opportunities to enhance performance, mitigate risks, and lead large-scale initiatives to ensure a highly-controlled financial data landscape is feasible. This role may not immediately entail working with a specific Engineering squad, but you are comfortable in a setup where overall influence and strategy building with peers is most important. You are a multi-tasker, and when working on multiple projects at once you intuitively know which issues to highlight and can bring key decision makers together to come up with effective solutions. You are efficient and organized, making the most of your colleagues’ abilities and holding the overall team to a high standard. Spotify is a data-driven company that loves to place information and knowledge at the fingertips of the Finance team for making strategic decisions that impact cross functional business units. From developing forward-thinking proposals to understanding how data can impact the scale of systematic financial processes, your role in the Financial Engineering organization is a critical partner and advisor to the business.
- Preferred qualifications
- Preferably 5+ years experience as a Product Manager with experience working as an Individual Contributor and with engineering teams.
- Previous experience as a Product Manager and/or Data Architect responsible for Financial data and applications’ architecture, design, landscape or systems.
- Working knowledge of data governance and value of core company financial datasets and single sources of truth
- Familiar with the concept of Financial Performance Management (managing and monitoring financial performance across the organization), and value the organization can achieve with it.
- Working knowledge and experience with Financial data and processes as it relates to Accounting, Tax, Treasury, FP&A and elements related to the P&L.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and align data initiatives with the overall Finance strategy.
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organization and to partner effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and collaborate within a team with excellent technical skills.
What you'll do
- Facilitate a collaborative effort to define the financial data and product ecosystem throughout several financial systems and applications, while understanding and documenting interoperability across products.
- Accountable for the holistic product roadmap and vision for the financial performance management ecosystem - encompassing ideas from various teams: FP&A, Accounting, Royalty cost analytics, Revenue Insights, and others.
- Work with product managers, application specialists, data scientists and engineers across Financial Engineering, and Finance stakeholders such as FP&A and Accounting, to ensure the product roadmaps align to a strategy that address the future priorities of the business.
- Partner with internal functional product and engineering teams to consult on the long-term development of Spotify’s financial data and applications platform
- Utilize your user research and discovery experience to understand end user requirements and product needs as it relates to financial performance management use cases.
Job tags: Analytics Architect Architecture Engineering Research User research