Senior Product Manager Technical
East Palo Alto, California, USA
We are seeking a talented and seasoned technical product manager to join our team to build a new AWS service that is going to be trend setting in the big data and analytics field. This is an area that requires defining the product vision grounds up and taking the product from idea to launch. This PM will own end to end delivery of the new service from conception to launch to ensure we are providing customer obsessed experiences for our customers when they interact with the product.
This team has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day, our product managers might talk to several customers, define and prioritize the roadmap, deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers and designers at Amazon, define and report business metrics, create pricing strategies, do go-to-market planning, discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale, the list goes on. You will be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about big data and analytics technologies, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what our applications can really do to help customers everywhere.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in product discovery, working in an ambiguous space, charting their own path to a successful delivery, getting things done, and keeping their pulse on the market. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
· 7+ years of product management experience in a related industry
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience identifying business opportunities, building a product strategy, and influencing deliver against a multi-year roadmap
· Understands core technologies utilized in their product domain and is fluent in pros and cons of technical alternatives
· Drives alignment and coherent product feature, business, and evangelism strategies
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills
· Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Cloud management experience
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Job tags: Analytics AWS Engineering Product management