Senior Director, Digital & Growth Marketing
New York City
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic professional to lead the expanding growth marketing organization. This person will lead performance marketing initiatives for MongoDB’s self service business and build on our already strong digital program strategy. At the intersection of marketing and product development, this role will lead a cross-functional team that defines and executes on self-service user acquisition, retention, activation, and upsell programs.
- Growth Marketing - Lead and scale the teams responsible for MongoDB’s self service revenue channel
- Digital Strategic Planning – Lead in planning growth in digital marketing for MongoDB. You will work closely with the Marketing, Product, and Operations teams in this effort. You will also develop the Growth Marketing strategic roadmap—and multi-channel strategy—that leverages the company’s unique capabilities and marketplace position, while providing optimal return on investment
- Experimentation & Optimization – Partner closely with the web and product team to develop best in class user experience. Manage digital assets and support the company’s business objectives (Awareness, Brand Presence, Leads, Conversion, and Revenue). Continue to test and optimize the UX of user journey of web/product visitors
- Digital Activation – Develop annual tactical digital marketing plans that embrace the full set of digital tools, including SEM, SEO, display, retargeting, web site, web video, and social media appropriate to a developer focused brand, audience and message. Specifically, identify benchmarks and implement new practices and strategies to improve followers and engagement across all relevant Social platforms
- Social Strategy – As a critical part of the overall digital marketing effort, you will lead the advancement of MongoDB’s social marketing strategy. This is a core channel to engage with developers and continue to build brand equity among our core users
- 7-10 years experience and leadership in managing cross-functional Go-To-Market teams at a developer-centric, self-service business
- Proven track record of ability to drive outstanding results with prior self-service initiatives
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of digital/growth specialists as well as establishing cross functional, collaborative relationships with customers, marketing, product and sales leadership
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment and anticipate future needs while living the MongoDB values
- Display ability to balance strategic vision and iterative, high-velocity execution
- Strong grasp of developer audience and cloud technology
- High level of accountability married with a huge sense of urgency
- Demonstrate ability to grasp enterprise technology and serve as an excellent and persuasive communicator – both written and orally – is a requirement
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*