Director, Growth Marketing
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great work environment.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Growth Marketing to drive significant revenue growth through the management of acquisitions, partnerships and marketing analytics for HelloFresh in Canada. As the Director of Growth, you will be responsible for identifying and scaling cost-effective customer acquisition campaigns across a range of digital and offline channels. You will develop the strategic plan, use analytics to inform decisions and drive execution to optimize a significant marketing budget against company goals.
The ideal candidate will know how to build and scale complex marketing campaigns across the purchase funnel, has demonstrated experience managing and building multiple teams to achieve results and is able to define and clearly communicate the strategic direction.
- Reporting into the VP Marketing for Canada, you will have overall ownership of a substantial multi-million dollar Marketing budget, including customer incentive budgets, across Marketing mix based on attribution insights
- Manage a team of 10+ across customer acquisition, partnerships and marketing analysis
- Be responsible for defining and leading HelloFresh Canada’s growth marketing strategy. You will develop, recommend, and execute marketing campaigns across a variety of paid and organic channels
- Collaborate closely with central Marketing functions based in Berlin and be the local authority for Growth Marketing for HelloFresh in Canada
- Oversee analysts responsible for using data to answer complex questions and drive smart commercial decisions across the marketing team
- Work closely with an amazing Product & Customer team to optimize our product market fit by adjusting pricing and discounting strategies
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in a performance marketing or highly commercial role. Master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with proven and consistent results, particularly in reducing CAC and increasing CLV
- At least 4 years of team management and functional leadership experience
- Highly analytical and data-driven marketer who can manage various channels, drive traffic and transactions, and optimize ROI
- Substantial experience working with performance marketing metrics, ideally in an e-commerce and/or subscription business (e.g., weekly/monthly recurring revenue, CAC, CLV, churn rate, retention, etc.), preferably with past hands-on experience managing campaigns on ad platforms
- Tactical experience working with specific digital and offline channels preferred (e.g. Affiliate, Inserts, Partnerships, Direct Mail).
- Ability to be both a leader and hands-on “doer”
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with key partners across the business, both locally and globally, including working closely with product teams to deliver on growth targets
- Ability to learn quickly and motivated to drive results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where change is constant
- Outstanding organizational skills, project management skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong Excel skills. SQL, PowerBI, Tableau skills are a plus.
Why you’ll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We’re a start-up within a start-up. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to help drive our success.
- You’re joining the global leader in a high growth sector: you’ll have opportunities to professional development and progression both in Canada and around the world
- You will manage significant eight-figure budgets as you shape the emerging meal kit industry and make a lasting impact on the way that Canadians eat
- You’ll be a strategic thought partner to the VP Marketing and a member of the Marketing leadership team in Canada
- We offer a competitive salary and company benefits program.
- You get a 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes.
If this sounds like you, please click the Apply Now button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. You are welcome at our table. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.