Senior Product Marketing Manager, Elasticsearch and ML
Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on the core messaging and go to market activity around Elasticsearch, the very core of everything we do at Elastic. You will also cover one of the key differentiators of the Elastic Stack, Machine Learning. In this role you will be a trusted thought partner to the product management and field teams, working closely on jointly defining the outbound strategy to drive the adoption of Elastic technology across our three core use cases, Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security. To be successful in this role you will need to be comfortable with the technical aspects of your products and the markets they play in, as well as the creative aspects of positioning technology through stories that are compelling, authentic, and engaging.What You Will Be Doing:
- Crafting messaging and content for Elasticsearch and Machine Learning
- Enabling the field on our products and solutions, through training and content creation
- Defining and executing the GTM strategy for new launches, campaigns, and other demand generation activities
- Establishing and tracking KPIs to measure the impact of launches and campaigns
- Building practitioner content that appeals to the developers and data specialists that are the heart of the Elastic community, including blogs and how-to content
- Maintaining a subset of competitive analysis in your product area
- Attending trade shows and other events, including a focus on virtual/online formats, to help showcase our products
- Some travel is required
- Direct experience with big data technologies such as Elasticsearch, NoSQL, analytics, and machine learning
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience
- Proven ability to craft engaging content, including blog posts, presentations, how-to videos, and more
- Strong communication skills, with experience presenting to audiences big and small
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed team
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Elastic Stack is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable marketing to mix of developers and business audiences
- Prior experience in a more technically hands-on role (developer, sales engineer, architect, consultant, etc) is a bonus
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance phenomenal work with a great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.