Senior UI/UX Product Designer
San Francisco, Anywhere
At Ubiquity6, we are embarking on a new journey. A journey that sees us building a whole new way to feel together, while apart. One that allows friends and family to connect, to find cherished moments regardless of distance, all while sharing in a wide variety of playful experiences, together.
As a Product Designer at Ubiquity6 you will join our small design team and growing company as we embark upon the earliest phases of this exciting new direction. Helping to create a home for people to connect through play and bond with their favorite people.
How do I know if this is for me?
You are user action orientated
You have a portfolio that demonstrates years of customer-obsessed problem solving across web and mobile. We are deeply interested in designers who love untangling hard conceptual problems and have sharp intuition for how people use (or wish they could use) products (UX).
You put polish into practice
We’d love to hire a designer who can code and can polish a feature to a high shine. The marriage and communication layers between design intent and front-end engineering execution is vital — this helps us move fast!
You enjoy high impact work
Our team and company is small but deeply talented. The opportunity to wear many hats, and participate in product, design, front-end engineering, marketing and overall business discussion is there, while focusing on your craft and building your career. It’s a startup, and the potential for impact and growth is broad and company wide.
- You will mentor or lead other designers or creative personnel to success.
- You will execute on the product you design from start to finish.
- You will dive into research, ideate, and help envision the future as we bring people together in valuable new ways to connect, bond and play.
- You will present and communicate your designs to the team and the greater organization to build consensus around your concepts.
- You will create wire-frames, beautiful mockups, amazing prototypes, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection.
- You will test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside product peers.
- You will work closely with Engineering, Product, Marketing and their peers to move a project from concept to go-to-market.
- You will help maintain and commit to our Design pattern library.
- You have 5-6+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products.
- You have a portfolio showing off your user experience and design work.
- You have a proven desire to understand success and failure better through objective analysis.
- You have the ability to produce working or semi-functional prototypes during project planning.
- You have experience working closely with engineers, and other cross-functional peers to achieve end-customer goals.
- You enjoy the marketing and branding side of design work, where building cool stuff is as important as telling the world why our users think that stuff is cool!
- You are an active gamer, either as a filthy casual or fully committed to that racing chair and decked out glowing RGB PC case!