Product Designer, Trip Planning & Purchase Flow
San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a product designer at Lyft, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensure design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will lead and own an experience for our product teams. You will focus specifically on trip planning and purchase flow, a critical role to help our riders choose how, when and where to travel.
In a lot of ways we function as a startup, meaning we all work closely and collaboratively across organizations to align on product vision and ship product. Our Design and Research teams live and breathe user-centered process to create the best possible, end-to-end, experience for millions of Passengers and Drivers daily. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality and influence.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar and have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.Responsibilities:
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define the future of the team
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product and Marketing Design Teams
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.