Senior Design Researcher - Receive
We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher to join the Receive team in our growing Customer Journey tribe, in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a design leader and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of people who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Receive team
- Understand what people need from our Multi-Currency account, particularly how they receive money into their account, so they have a great experience whenever they need to send, hold or receive money from around the world
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team - you’ll be embedded in a team where you can drive the direction and deliver the most impact. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with product design, copy, engineering, and PMs
- Choose your path to impact - you’ll work with your team to autonomously create a vision of your own. You’ll have the freedom to make your own calls about how best to support customer needs and reach mission zero
- Grow the research practice - The research team at TransferWise is growing and you will be part of helping establish how we conduct research at a global scale
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal!
- You have experience with both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable independently initiating, running and communicating research
- You’re a fantastic communicator and have top-notch presentation skills, especially when it comes to sharing impactful insights
- You are able to guide the team on how to action your rich insights and understanding
- You’re able to to work with you peers to prioritize efforts effectively - and can provide a clear rationale to your decisions
- You not only advocate for the user but for research more broadly, and have clear examples of making research an integral part of building products
- You’re able to work autonomously, but also collaboratively within a team - whether that be your product team, a wider research team, or design team.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You might have worked in the fin tech space before or have a background in finance.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.