Sr. Product Manager - Terraform Cloud
United States - California (Remote)
Location: Remote US or Canada
HashiCorp is the multi-cloud infrastructure automation company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
Terraform Cloud is HashiCorp’s infrastructure provisioning automation service; the GitHub equivalent for operators. It is available as a SaaS or private install and provides collaboration and governance capabilities. For teams of operators, it enables collaboration on infrastructure and a central registry to publish and discover infrastructure modules. For organizations, it enables policy and governance to expertly provision at scale.
The Terraform Cloud team is responsible for the success of the SaaS offering. This includes all aspects of onboarding, billing, ensuring features meet the expectations of customers, and coordinating content and campaigns with the marketing team. You will work with customers who are Terraform practitioners and be actively involved in understanding their needs.
- Use the combination of your experience, research, empathy with our customers, and the HashiCorp principles to craft a product story for Terraform Cloud.
- Play a significant role in shaping the way the world’s most successful companies manage their infrastructure.
- Consolidate inputs from Terraform practitioners, colleagues and team mates, and the HashiCorp vision to prioritize the product roadmap for Terraform Cloud. Continually refining and communicating as we learn new insights together.
- Join a motivating and supportive team that helps their teammates regularly deliver their best work.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, and Marketing teams to distill the most important problems to be solved into Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) for our teams to deliver.
- Keep various stakeholders across the business updated, engaged, and excited about the work our teams are doing and what it’s enabling for our customers.
- Play a supporting role in the writing and curation of content that helps our customers, and customer-facing teams, make the most of the products and features that we build.
- Bring your own unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches.
- Take advantage of the rapid growth of a successful product to further your own product management and career development.
You should apply for this role if you answer yes to one or more of these questions:
- Have you defined product requirements and helped grow a developer-facing product or service?
- Can you build a story and vision that gets different groups of people aligned towards a common goal?
- Do you have examples of where you’ve analyzed and evaluated the tradeoffs between various approaches, and then made an informed decision on what to prioritize and why?
- Have you conducted customer interviews where you’ve uncovered the real underlying problems they need solved, beyond the initial superficial suggestions on what they think they’d like?
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1 #LI-REMOTE