Quantitative UX Researcher
San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As metropolitan cities grow, Lyft aims to transform the way people move through these cities. Essential to this goal is creating an understanding of people and their transportation needs. Understanding people means exploring their attitudes, behaviors, and the relations between them.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Quantitative UX Researcher to join our Design+ team and help to further build out what the Quantitative UX Research discipline is at Lyft. In this role you’ll partner with Researchers, Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to identify deep insights and communicate across the company. You’ll conduct generative and evaluative explorations to inform Lyft’s understanding of riders and drivers. Your work will inspire and enhance the user experience across 300+ cities nationwide and in Canada.
You are a flexible team player that excels in an energetic work environment. You’re able to lead research projects autonomously and bring clarity to the unknown. You have a proven track record of establishing Quantitative UX Research methods at previous companies and care deeply about creating experiences that increase understanding of what this role can do to improve user experience.Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic growth of this discipline on the UX research team, building strong relationships with the Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Design teams
- Design and lead studies that deepen the understanding of user behavior and attitudes, using tailored approaches and methodologies
- Collaborate with qualitative researchers to generate quantitative insights and enrich their understanding of quantitative UX Research
- Find creative and compelling ways to present and showcase the insights throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more strategic organization
- Communicate insights to stakeholders and the company in persuasive and engaging ways
- 5+ years experience conducting quantitative research in applied research settings, ideally within a consumer product organization
- Expert in quantitative research methods, experiment design, mix-methods, survey design & analysis, data visualization, and coding in relevant data tools like R, SQL, and Python
- Knowledge of qualitative, design, and market research methods and approaches
- Proven leader who excels at establishing and growing research disciplines
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.