Lead UX Writer
The Human team is looking for a Lead UX Writer that can help develop the narrative for Airbnb.org’s products and community. The UX team within Human is small, but mighty. Given the size of the team, we’re looking for someone who can be resourceful, flexible, and can effectively prioritize their work. Though the main focus of this role will be UX Writing, this person needs to be a skilled storyteller who has experience with editorial work. Stories are critical to Airbnb.org’s community, and this role will be responsible for helping create those stories and embedding them within the product.
- Contribute to a product team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists
- Offer UX Writing perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms
- Work with cross-functional partners and the product leadership team within Human to make decisions about resourcing and to define the product roadmap.
- Drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs our hosts, guests, and nonprofit partners with our business goals
- Define the content strategy for a given product and write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including product names, labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, marketing pages, and notifications)
- Help people who use Airbnb feel welcome and empowered, carefully considering tone and writing content that’s consistent with Airbnb's mission of belonging
- Work with other UX writers to maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines and help evangelize those resources across the company
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of UX writing
- Help develop Airbnb.org’s editorial strategy and use of stories within the product, emails, marketing pages, and beyond.
- Approach all of your work with a global mindset, advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our translations team to improve quality
- Share your work with other UX writers and Human team members, provide feedback on their work, and contribute to the team through mentoring, onboarding or recruiting
- Manage UX writers. Advise on how to best grow and develop the UX writing practice within the Human team.
- 7+ years UX writing or content strategy experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Solid understanding of email marketing, social channels are a plus
- Experience writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides
- Experience writing stories or more long-form editorial content
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Airbnb.org’s mission and deep empathy for our diverse community
- Experience writing for social impact products or audiences is a plus
- Portfolio of writing samples