Technical Product Owner
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ739
Location: Vancouver, BC
Apply by: August 7th, 2020
# Positions available: 2
Leader Name: Matt Naish
As ATB’s next Technical Product Owner, you will work closely with a Vancouver-based team creating intuitive next generation solutions for ATB’s customers and employees by working under a Product Manager’s portfolio. Specifically, you will work with the Product Manager and engineering team to support the development of ATB’s digital customer acquisition strategy and direct-to-consumer solutions from ideation to launch.
Technical Product Owner Accountabilities:
- Become a subject matter expert in the product by understanding the end-to-end customer and employee journey.
- Conduct market research to support the Product Manager in the discovery phase of new features and products.
- Draw insights from data to suggest product enhancements that will improve the user experience.
- Coordinate with engineering teams to deliver functional solutions, including translating business requirements into formal user stories and technical specifications.
- Manage epics and user stories within JIRA to reflect product strategy and roadmap and maintain high team effectiveness.
Technical Product Owner Requirements:
- Empathetic and humble
- Experience using JIRA
- Business, design, or software engineering background
- Enthusiastic and curious about the user experience
- Evidence of data-driven decision making
- Bonus: 1-2 years experience working in a business or technical role
- Bonus: Previous experience working as a Product Owner
- Bonus: Previous experience in digital banking, financial technology, or the banking industry
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.