Remote - Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
At FullStack Labs, we design and develop iPhone, Android, web apps, and custom software solutions that are as beautiful as they are functional. We work in small teams and across a variety of industries. We have offices in Granite Bay, CA, Alexandria, VA, and Barranquilla, Colombia, as well as many remote employees across the USA. Highly functional and visually pleasing designs play an important role in delivering quality custom software solutions to our clients.
About the Role
We are seeking a Product Designer to help plan and design high-fidelity clickable prototypes that serve as the framework for the applications our development team builds. At FullStack Labs, our product designers work closely with clients to define the strategy, vision, user experience, and user interface of a variety of digital products.
As a FullStack Labs Product Designer, You Will:
- Work closely with clients & business analysts to define the product strategy.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that the proposed solution is both pleasing to users and technically feasible.
- Sometimes work within narrowly defined boundaries and at other times work in an open landscape where you will be able to define what the product itself should be.
- Plan and create the user experience through user research, feature mapping, user flows, and wireframing.
- Create and deliver high-fidelity clickable prototypes (primarily with Figma).
- Document your designs for the development team to build from.
- Participate in design reviews and regularly present your work to clients and company leadership.
- Learn and understand the technical constraints of business and development requirements.
- Work within and create design systems.
You are Good Fit for This Role if You:
- Can understand the complexity of a client’s problem, and create a plan by reducing it into actionable steps.
- A minimum of intermediate-advance spoken and written English level.
- Have experience designing for business applications and have produced products that have shipped to the market.
- Love learning and innovating new methods of designing.
- Are skilled in explaining your design decisions to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Can receive critical feedback and turn it into actionable solutions.
- Think in systems and can create or use shared patterns across large ecosystems.
- Are an expert in UX, UI, or Visual design, and also have a solid skillset across multiple design disciplines.
- Care deeply about the fine details and are excited to keep pushing a design until it is perfected.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have 5+ years of experience in designing applications at a product-driven company.
- Are consistently reliable in getting projects done on time and within budget.
We encourage you to apply for the position even if you fit most, but not all, of the qualifications.
- Competitive compensation including bonus pay for overtime
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Work from home
- English clases (minimum english requirement to apply is intermediate-advance)
What to Include in Your Application
- A link to your online portfolio with 2-3 product design work samples (showcasing actual products is required, but a site-of-the-day-worthy portfolio is not);
- Your CV;
- A 1-2 paragraph overview of your favorite project whether from professional or personal experience.