Associate Scrum Master
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking an Entry Level Scrum Master. You will join a strong team of engineers. You will have impact on the users of our solutions, doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines of healthcare and community services. Your hard work will touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
A day in the life?
You will be responsible for:
- Support the product development process for multiple engineering teams
- Responsible for assisting with product development process for multiple engineering teams.
- Evangelize agile transformation and continuous process improvement
- Assist the teams to adopt agile principles, team standards, tools and best practices
- Organize and facilitate Scrum-related events such as daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, retrospectives, and others.
- Organize and facilitate release planning, demos and other release management activities
- Assist the teams to identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions
- Facilitate cross-team communications
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Collaborative approach to driving decisions
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams (off-site team members and local team members)
Do you stand above the rest?
- Knowledge of Agile software development process is a plus but not required
- Experience of SaaS software is a plus
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence is a plus
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.