Staff, Product Manager - Conversations Platform
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the Conversations Platform, expanding the product to become a central component of Twilio’s engagement cloud strategy. This person will be responsible for understanding end-customer needs, build a shared vision with other strategic products, composing product requirements for the team, stewarding an excellent developer experience, and supporting both public customers and internal stakeholders. Their work will be regularly visible to Directors of Product throughout the company.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering well-designed technical products. They also have:
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer: you know what a good API looks like, and you know what can be accomplished with software.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, with strong sensitivity to PaaS products, developer tools, or API products.
- Strong analytical skills which allow you to interrogate your work and influence others with your arguments.
- Strong writing skills, which allow you to regularly spin up new reports or specifications from zero. You will need to write both for product and for engineering.
- (Strongly preferred) Past experience with communication technologies and cloud technologies.
- (Strongly preferred) Past experience with go-to-market functions like Marketing and Sales, leveraging them to help you understand the customer, and empowering them to bring your product to market.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be communicating with other product managers across the globe, you will be writing specifications and composing roadmaps for your teams, and you will be regularly representing your product and your team to upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL & EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to build a roadmap that we can execute.
- BE AN OWNER: You will be expected to make formative decisions on what we need to build, and how we should prioritize our energy.
- BE BOLD & NO SHENANIGANS: You will need to develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
Twilio Conversations is putting human-to-human communication on a pedestal. Messaging is central, and this product starts from solid 2-way messaging capabilities. But this team takes a more expansive approach to communication that must include voice and video, painting a complete picture of the customer journey. This roadmap is years long.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.